Treasures & Moments
Our Use of Personal Data and Direct Marketing
In your capacity as an alumnus/alumna, your personal data will be handled in accordance with the terms of the PPS/PICS (and all its future revised version after notification introducing the same is issued and announced by the University).
Alumni Affairs Office (“AAO”) thanks for your ongoing support of the University, and your kind receipt of our publication, BUddy Post which brings you regularly the latest news and developments about the University including many offers and benefits which you may welcome to hear from us (“direct marketing”).
Under the PPS/PICS, if you do not wish the University to use or provide your permitted kinds of personal data to the permitted classes of transferees for use in direct marketing of the permitted marketing subjects, please inform AAO by either email email@example.com or telephone AAO at (852) 3411 7877 .
The University may use your name, alumni number, graduation field/graduation year and contact details (i.e. home/correspondence addresses, email address and phone number as may from time to time be provided to, updated and collected by the University) (collectively, the “permitted kind of personal data”) for the purpose of offering to you or advertising the availability of the following goods, services and facilities (collectively, the “permitted marketing subjects”):
- courses provided by relevant internal and external course providers;
- events or activities to be held by the University;
- social, sports and recreational activities organised by the University alone, jointly with other parties or by other parties;
- rewards, loyalty, privilege, discount, or co-branding programmes or promotions for services and products;
- ticketing services for concerts, talks, seminars, sports and special events;
- information on publications, books, newspapers, journals and magazines available for access or subscriptions; and
- charitable, educational, philanthropic, social, pro-bono and other activities that solicit contributions, donations or participation.
If you wish to receive information of the above permitted marketing subjects, it may be necessary for the University to provide the permitted kinds of personal data to the following classes of transferees (collectively, the “permitted classes of transferees”):
- persons, institutes and organisations which provide courses or which provide or organise social, sports and recreational activities for others including members of the University;
- publishers, retailers, marketing agents, human resource agencies and other service providers;
- organisations which carry out pro-bono, charitable, educational, philanthropic, social or other activities that solicit contributions, donations or participation; and
- commercial entities and public bodies which carry out the kinds of marketing subjects stated above which may be approved by the University,
and in the transfer of such data for the offering or advertising the availability of the aforesaid marketing subjects, please note that the University may in certain circumstances receive consideration such as funding or other forms of assistance or support from or through the permitted classes of transferees.